Queen Victoria Public School Council
The mission of the school council is to work with members of the community to provide our students with the best possible learning environment so they will become well educated, well adjusted productive citizens.
The council provides a forum for parents, students and other community members to participate in decisions and recommendations to enhance the development and educational experiences of all students and all people involved with Queen Victoria Public School.
Our goals are :
- To promote and maintain a positive school environment for all members of Queen Victoria Public School Community.
- To identify current problems and concerns within the school and discuss appropriate action for change and/or improvements by developing solutions which recognize and involve a collaborative effort by all members of Queen Victoria Public School Community in accordance with the responsibilities of school council.
- To promote and encourage communication between home and school providing parents with a shared responsibility for their child’s educational experiences.
- To provide parents, students and staff with a system to which they can voice their concerns, comments and suggestions into educational matters for consideration.
- To provide a vehicle for transmitting parental ideas, recommendations and concerns to the Trillium Lakelands District School Board.
The school board procedure for School Councils OP-6016 can be found at the following link.